make time for.

15.11.10

daydreams.

Recently, in the midst of numerous essays, I have caught myself dreaming of what life will be life post-grad. (side note: I have no desire to bore you or my daydreams with the "excitement" of unemployment and the other lovely things that surround most of us post-grads. So I'll keep it at a minimum.)

So instead I have filled my daydreams with lengthy morning strolls around the Pearl & Brewery blocks to purchase some lovely old used book from Powells (maybe even pop into anthro), followed by a walk to Stumptown Coffee for an even lovelier cup of coffee and a comfy chair to read my book. oh and by the way, earlier in my daydream I had already worked out at the gym and gone to a yoga class. I'm pretty sure this has all happened before noon. I know, I'm uber productive in my daydreams. 




Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure this isn't just some post-grad dream, this has been a dream of mine for awhile. But I have been so busy planning things on top of things that I have never truly been able to enjoy a day by myself. A day without a cell phone buzzing or laptop glued in front of me. 

So here I am getting to the point. I am taking this never-before experienced, school-free/job-free (hopefully not for too long) time to make days just for myself. Without technology (with the exception of a camera...ooh, maybe my polaroid), and perhaps without my car too. I do so enjoy a max ride. 

Unfortunately my first "me-day" (need a better name for it) won't happen for about a month, but at least you will know in advanced how stoked I am!




2 comments:

  1. Kelsey, I am glad to read this post. You deserve a year worth of me-days, but I will be happy if you take just a few :o)

    I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ramon! I'm having a lot of fun with it! Now that I have all of this extra time. :)

    ReplyDelete