Salmon + Peppers With Caper Vinaigrette
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 small red bell peppers, quartered
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 piece skinless salmon fillet (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large roasting pan, toss the bell peppers, fennel, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast for 5 minutes.
- 3. Season the salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Nestle among the vegetables.
- 4. Roast until the salmon is opaque throughout and the vegetables are just tender, 14 to 16 minutes.
- 5. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, capers, vinegar, and remaining tablespoon oil. Drizzle over the salmon and rice and serve with the vegetables.