make time for.

21.2.11

pb + ch.

I don't know about you, but I love snow. Like a fat kid loves cake, thats how much I LOVE it. When I heard the rumors of snow for this week in Portland, I almost jumped up and down. I promptly went online recipe oogling and found this little delight. I need to get as much "winter" in my meals this week as possible (does that make sense?).
Check it. 

Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate. (Your welcome.) 
1/4 cup sugar or honey
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup water
3 cups 2% or whole milk
2-4 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (Lindt 70% cocoa is great)

In a saucepan, stir together the sugar and cocoa to get rid of lumps; stir in the water until smooth, then whisk in the milk over medium-high heat. Heat until steaming. Remove the pan from the heat and add the peanut butter and chocolate. Let it sit for a few seconds, then blend it with a hand-held immersion blender. Or for individual cups, divide the chocolate among the cups and pour the warm milk over top. Whiz with one of those little frothers to make it very smooth and foamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment