make time for.

31.5.11

black and white keys.


When I was 7 or so my mother signed me up for piano lessons. Seemed like a good idea at the time, except I just did not find it as exciting as my mother did. I'm pretty sure the words "it hurts my fingers," came out of my mouth. So I dropped the piano and went for the violin...that didn't last long, so I then found myself with the clarinet. Needless to say I didn't spend a lot of time with any of these instruments to master them. The clarinet was probably the longest musical relationship I had...3 years. My grandmother recently has been on the "who is getting my stuff" kick and has informed me I will be receiving her piano. My response; a mixture of "oh my" and "oh crud." I don't want to be that girl with the piano in her apartment...who can only play a shoty rendition of A Whole New World from Aladdin. Not exactly the best party trick. 

So my new summer resolution...take out the old keyboard and get working. Piano players...any good books to help me get crackin'? (I'm to cheap to pay for a teacher..someday)



No comments:

Post a Comment