- Fallen tree branch, 1-2" diameter
- Strong magnets
- Electric drill and bits
- Saw- pull saw or hacksaw
- two-part epoxy or super strong glue
1. Use the saw to cut off 1 - 11/2" medallions from your branch. If necessary, use a bit of sandpaper to clean things up.2. Use a drill to clear a little hole for your manets to sit. If using the 8x3mm that I have, usa a 5/16" to drill a hole 1/8" into the branch. Usa a piece of painters tape to mark your depth.
3. Mix up the epoxy and glue them in. You will need a glue strong enough to stand up to the magnetic force (probably not a hot glue gun). Make sure to check the polarity of your magnets before gluing them in!
4. Simply allow the epoxy to dry for at least six hours or overnight, and stick them up!